Wednesday, November 8 • 10:00am–12:00pm • $65 • Tradeshow Floor
W07 – Building Renewable Energy Beyond Photovoltaics: Targets, Metrics and Trends
(Building Performance, Energy Efficiency & Environment, New Products, Technologies, Innovations & Materials, Project Planning, Management & Best Practices, Property Management, Facility Management & Building Maintenance)
[2 AAA Structured LHs • 2 BOMI CPDs • 1 General Hour IDCEC Approved]
With the federal renewable energy targets, compliance to NECB, and every individual’s responsibility to preserve our planet and its resources, the opportunity to transform the way we use energy has never been greater.
This session will offer an introduction to various alternate and renewable energy systems, including:
- Photovoltaic installations
- Solar concentrated hot water plants
- Solar hot water installation
- Biomass and landfill
- Natural gas in CCHP installations
- Fuel cell installations
- Run-off the river hydro
- Wind generation
An overview of capital and operational expenditure will be provided, as well as trends and selection metrics to assist professionals in making informed decisions. Following this presentation, participants will understand:
- Renewable targets for 2020, 2030 and 2050 in Alberta.
- Achievable renewable energy options for the built environment.
- Metrics for selecting the most suitable option.
Sunny Ghataurah, President & CEO, AES Engineering
Mo Khan, Project Manager, AES Engineering